The Arizona Lottery is always looking for new partners to sell our products to help raise money for the State of Arizona and its beneficiaries. Thanks to the efforts of more than 2,800 licensed retailers statewide, we have contributed almost $2.7 billion to the State and paid out more than $3 billion in prizes since 1981. Our retailers have profited as well, earning $39.2 million in commissions in Fiscal Year 2011.
The Benefits of Selling Lottery Tickets
Increased Traffic and Sales
If you are not carrying Lottery games, you are missing out on one of the best sales opportunities available. Research has shown:
- Lottery customers shop more often and spend almost twice the amount of money in the store compared to non-Lottery customers.*
- During 95% of their store visits, Lottery customers purchase at least one other product in addition to Lottery products.*
- A majority of customers felt the Lottery was either somewhat important or extremely important to their choice of shopping destination.*
*Source: 1997 NACS Lottery Study
What You can Earn as a Lottery Retailer
Lottery games are a great source of extra revenue for more than 2,800 retailers statewide. Here’s what retailers make from sales:
- 6.5% commission on Lottery sales
- Up to 0.5% performance bonus on total sales
- Selling bonuses** (click on button to see bonuses)
- Additional incentives may be available based on eligibility
**Selling bonuses are subject to change
If you have any questions about the application process or cannot view/download the application packet and/or Retailer Rules booklet in the right-hand column above, please contact Lottery Licensing at 480.921.4486. We look forward to working with you!